The CDC recommends the following to help prevent infection of respiratory diseases:
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes, preferably with a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Keep sick children at home until they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Clean all “high-touch” surfaces on a daily basis, including coats and backpacks.
We will continue to follow the directions given by the GaDPH, the GaDOE, and the CDC. Thank you for your help in reinforcing the CDC recommendations at home. Working together, we can help keep our students and staff healthy and safe.